Comment on page
Map Editing Feature
You have already built a map and want to edit it. If you wish to remove a certain area, objects, or a specific place from the map, you can now easily do so with this feature.
Enterprise license is required to use this feature.
- Click on "map-name-sparse.ply" to download the map
To download Sparse map Click on "map-name-sparse.ply"
- This is how a sparse.ply map looks like in the Developer Portal map view mode
Sparse Map looks like this in Developer Portal
- Click on "map-name-dense.ply" to download the map
To download Sparse map Click on "map-name-dense.ply"
- This is how a dense.ply map looks like in MeshLab
Dense Map looks like this in MeshLab
- You can use any third party tool of your choice that can edit and export .ply file
- In this example we used "MeshLab".
- After editing the map always export it in .ply format
Here are the steps to export:
- For MeshLab go to "File > Export Mesh As"
After editing the map go to "File > Export Mesh As"
- Select file type ".ply" Choose File name and File Location
Select (.ply) file type
- Select the parent map from dashboard that you downloaded to edit.
- Press the button “Upload Edited map”
- Then choose the File to Upload
- Choose a suitable name and and select the file to upload
Select Edited .ply file to Upload
- And wait for the upload then map will be visible in your dashboard.
Here is the tutorial video of the same process explained above. In this video you will see:
- Downloading the map
- Editing in MeshLab
- Exporting .ply file
- Uploading to dashboard
- And at the end comparison of cleaned and raw maps
Map Editing tutorial for MeshLab and uploading to Immersal